Visit Prescott, Arizona! Nestled at an elevation of 5,300 ft, among the largest stand of ponderosa pine forests in the U.S., the perfect weather provides an average temperature of 70 degrees, 4 beautiful & distinct seasons, & breathtaking landscapes. You’ll find many things to do, including horseback riding, golfing, kayaking, hiking, camping, mountain biking, local breweries, distilleries, restaurants, shopping, & a hometown feel that keeps visitors coming back year after year.
Conveniently located in the north central part of AZ, within hours of many larger & known destinations. A great base for seeing many other parts of the state by car.
Let Visit Prescott assist with the special touches on the experience you are planning. With knowledge of the destination and the ability to provide and connect you with services you may not find on your own we can help plan an experience that your customers will never forget.
Fly directly into (PRC)
Prescott Regional Airport on United. Connections to Prescott through DIA or LAX.
Via Interstate 17 to Hwy 69
Coming north (from Phoenix) or heading south (from Flagstaff) on I-17, take Hwy 69 (at Cordes Junction) into Prescott
Via Interstate 17 to Hwy 169 to Hwy 69
Coming south (from Flagstaff or the Verde Valley) on I-17, take Hwy 169 west to Hwy 69, take Hwy 69 north into Prescott
Via Interstate 40 to Hwy 89
Coming east or heading west on I-40, take Hwy 89 at Ashfork south to Prescott
Via Hwy 89a Southwest (Scenic)
Coming south from Flagstaff, take Hwy 89a through the Verde Valley, through historic Jerome and over Mingus Mountain to Prescott.
Via Hwy 89 Northeast (Scenic)
Wickenburg to Congress
Drive northwest on US Route 93, six miles from Wickenburg turn right on Hwy 89, take Hwy 89 into Prescott.
Things To Do
- The Prescott Heritage Trail and History Hunt
- Historic Walking Tour
- Yavapai County Courthouse Plaza
- Sharlot Hall Museum
- Phippen Museum of Western Art
- Musuem of Indigenous People
- Fort Whipple/Fort Whipple Museum/Veteran’s Hospital
- Granite Mountain Interagency Hotshot Crew & Learning & Tribute Center (GMIHC)
- Western Heritage Center
- Art Galleries & Studios
- Elks Opera House
- Prescott Center for the Arts
- Yavapai College Performing Arts Center
- Fourth Friday Artwalk
- Watson Lake Inn Cooking School
- Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary
- Highlands Center for Natural History
- Natural History Institute
- Shopping & Antiquing
- Experience Historic Whiskey Row
- Visit one of Prescott 5 Lakes
- Hike, Bike, or Ride on more 450+ miles of Groomed Trails
- Kayaking or Canoeing
- Horseback Riding
- Watson Woods Riparian Preserve
- Hike or Bike the Prescott Circle Trail
- Prescott National Forest
- Thumb Butte or Granite Mountain Recreational Areas
- Craft Beverage & Wine Scene:
- Back Alley Wine Bar
- Del Rio Springs Tasting Room
- Flying Leap Vineyard Tasting Room
- Granite Mountain Brewing
- Lazy G Brewhouse
- Prescott Brewing Company
- Prescott Cocktail Tour
- Superstition Meadery
- Thumb Butte Distillery
- Rock Climbing and Local Climbing Gyms
- Tours & Outfitters:
- Angry Ape Off-Road
- Arizona Backcountry Llamas
- Backcountry Unlimited
- Birding – see Birding under the Recreation tab
- Born to Be Wild Adventures
- E.R.A.U. Planetarium
- Granite Mountain Stables
- Guidance Aviation
- Historic Walking Tours
- Prescott EBike
- Prescott Outdoors
- Soul Ride
- Tour Prescott
- Dine in one of Prescott’s Many Restaurants
- Experience the World’s Oldest Rodeo
- Celebrate the season in Arizona’s Christmas City
- Have fun at an annual event visit-prescott.com/events
Our insider knowledge and ability to create customized itineraries can help you delight your clients. Not only will we assist you with any themes or topics that may be present in you itineraries , but we can also effectively put together the perfect mix of things to do. From must-see attractions, cultural activities, and outdoor experiences to craft beverage tastings and delectable dining, we want to work with you to create a fun, unique and unforgettable experience.
We also invite you to experience Prescott, Arizona for yourself to explore all the possibilities and learn what the destination has to offer for your clients or groups.
Click to email us regarding itinerary planning.
FAM Tours/Site Inspections
Experience Prescott first-hand. Let us arrange a site inspection or FAM Tour. We can customize FAMS based on your client’s needs or focus. Our staff will also share your requests and connect you with the necessary industry stakeholders. The Prescott Tourism Office will work with our stakeholders to secure sponsorships on a complimentary or reduced rate basis. There are times when we are unable to request complimentary accommodations especially during weekends and peak seasons (May-September and December).
Resources & Welcome Materials
Visit Prescott can provide you with free visitor guides (hard copy or digital), maps, videos, digital images and materials detailing lodging properties, attractions, food and beverage, and other available information as requested.
In some cases we are also happy to provide welcome bags and/or gifts (advanced notice required).