Our Mission -
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- To work to insure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
- To assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new state Back Country Horsemen's chapters.
Backcountry Horsemen of Central Arizona, (BCHCAZ), is a not-for-profit (501c3) organization dedicated to: keeping trails open for all users; educating horse users in Leave-No-Trace practices; and providing volunteer service to resource agencies.
Our main partner is the Prescott National Forest. In addition, we also work with the Coconino National Forest, Kaibab National Forest, Tonto National Forest, National Park Service (Grand Canyon National Park and Wupatki National Monument), Arizona Trails Association, BLM and others consistent with the mission of Back Country Horsemen
We are very proud to have the following businesses as sponsors. Please click on the logo to go their web sites for more information on their products or services. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please click here for more information. BCHCAZ is a 501(c)(3) organization.